Thursday, June 9, 2011

My Birthday Adventure

SURPRISE!

If you know my family, birthdays have always been a pretty big deal. I was lucky enough this year to get to celebrate mine here! My roomates outdid any of my expectations and started out by suprising me by decorating our apartment. I woke up to this...
I was like a young child on Christmas morning haha


My roomates bought be a tiara and other princess jewelry to wear throughout the day.


ALL DAY ADVENTURE

I was lucky to have the day off for my birthday and a few of the other girls had part of the day off. We went on an all day adventure excursion with fury. And the best part is on your birthday you get what is originally $160 for FREE. The adventure day includes snorkeling, parasailing, jet skiing, food and more! 


Snorkeling

The boat took 7 miles out into the ocean to the world's
3rd largest coral reef in the world!
We got on all of our scuba gear and jumped into the ocean.
Being out in the middle of the ocean and not being able to touch
the bottom kind of freaked me out but we had a great time.
Joanna could look at those dang fish all day long if she wanted...
she loves snorkeling





Parasailing

After snorkeling the boat took us to fury's water playground
to get seperated into groups to do the different activities.
Our group got to go parasailing first. Our group was so fun and we had a blast
dancing to the music on the boat. We met a cute family from New Orleans
who had the coolest accents.

 Me and Joanna went up together
and she had never gone parasailing before. She was hilarious screaming
and laughing the entire time. On our way back, our driver let me
drive since it was my birthday :)




























Playground

In the middle of the ocean they had these giant blow up slides and climbing
walls. They also had this trampoline. We had to swim out to them and let's
just say that I am not a good swimmer at all. Doggy paddling is the best I can do.
Good thing they gave us noodles or else I don't think I would have made it haha.

 

Jet Skiing

The final activity was jet skiing. Me an Jenessa
went out together and took turns driving. Adventure day
was a success!





Sunset Sail

The adventure day still went on...Fury included a free
Sunset Sail in the package to cruise over the water to watch
the beautiful Key West sunset. Me and Joanna  went out together
and met so many great couples. One couple from Brazil even
invited us to stay at their home if we ever wanted to go and visit Brazil.
There are so many amazing people
 out in the world and I am grateful
that I have gotten this experience to get to meet many of them from
all over the world.

 


Marisa...our new friend from Brazil


Dinner Party

For dinner we made reservations at The Bistro.
A restaurant right on Mallory Square.
My friend Robert who works there helped
us reserve a nice table outside.
Dinner was so good and they brought out
a key lime pie cheesecake for dessert.
The girls got me the perfect present...a dress
I had been wanting from a store near our work.
Happy times :). My birthday was so great and I was so
blessed to have such great family and friends to make my 19th
birthday the best day ever :)!







1 comment:

  1. Looks like you are having a blast Danho! Who is this "friend" Robert who works at The Bistro....

    ReplyDelete