Thursday, June 2, 2011

Mind, Body, HEAT

For the longest time, I have wanted to try out yoga. It has always seemed like a really fun and relaxing way to work out. There is a Bikram Yoga located her in Key West that we decided to go and try out. It is categorized as hot yoga and wow that is an understatement.

The class requires you to bring a large beach towel and water bottle. The room is heated around 105 degrees F with the humidity of 40%. There were about 6 thermostats in the room and the carpet floor was heated. The class was very relaxing and meditating, almost hypnotic. It was amazing that the instructor didn't show us the moves but just told us to focus on ourselves in the mirror as he explained what to do.

I have never sweat so much in my ENTIRE life. It was literally like I had just taken a step out of the shower- my clothes, hair, and skin were drenched. During some of the positions I felt like I could ring my skin out like a soaked towel. Thank goodness for the required beach towel. We had a great time and it was a great first time experience of yoga!

You may not be able to tell in this picture but we are soaking wet...


No comments:

Post a Comment